Official copies of transcripts are those sent directly from the Office of the Registrar to a third party.
Unofficial copies of transcripts stamped "issued to student," are those given directly to the student in person or by mail.
Official copies issued to students are in a signed, sealed envelope. Breaking the seal makes the transcript unofficial.
There are two ways to request transcripts:
Transcripts can be obtained by following this link to the National Student Clearinghouse. Follow the onscreen prompts.
You may follow the instructions listed below:
Federal regulations prohibit the processing of transcripts without a written request from the student or former student. E-mailed requests cannot be accepted. You may submit a completed transcript request form or letter.
For a printable: Transcript Request form (PDF).
In order for your request to be processed, you must sign the form and you must enclose the appropriate fees.
No transcript will be issued for a student or former student whose financial obligation to the college has not been satisfied.
Incomplete forms or those with financial holds will be returned.
All transcript requests are processed in the order received. Transcripts are processed within three working days during non-peak seasons. During peak seasons (beginning and end of a term) it can take as long as 14 business days. Lycoming College will NOT fax transcripts.
- Students currently enrolled at Lycoming College are exempt from the transcript fee.*
- Transcript processing fees are $4.00 for the first copy and $1.00 for each additional transcript in the same request. Make your check payable to Lycoming College.
- Or, you can pay by Visa or Mastercard.* If you are sending a letter instead of the form, you must include your account number, the expiration date, and your zip code. If the cardholder name and address are different from yours, you must submit that as well.
- To have a transcript sent by Federal Express, there is an additional fee of $25.
Send your form or letter, and fees:
The Office of the Registrar
700 College Place - Campus Box 159
Williamsport, PA 17701-5192.
* If you are a current student or are paying by credit card, you may fax the completed form or letter to the attention of The Office of the Registrar at 570-321-4980.
If you cannot print the form, you must write a letter which contains the following:
- Name while attending Lycoming College.
- Social Security number.
- If a graduate, your graduation date, if not, the last semester and year you attended.
- Current return mailing address.
- Address transcript will be mailed to. If the transcript is to be sent to you, it will be unofficial unless you tell us you need an official copy issued to student in a signed, sealed envelope.
- Federal Law Requires Your signature.
- Enclose the appropriate fee
You may order a maximum of 25 transcripts in one order.