Health Professions Links
Below are numerous links which you may find helpful throughout your studies in pre-health and your preparation for graduate or professional school:
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) — The official source for information on medical school admission requirements, the Medical College Admission Test - including subject content and test dates, Medical Scientist Training Programs, MD-PhD and MD-JD programs, financial aid for medical school, and applying to foreign medical schools. The AMCAS (American Medical College Application Service) online application will be available in early April.
- Accredited Medical Schools of the U.S. and Canada — Listing maintained by The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) - includes medical school addresses and AMCAS application deadlines.
- American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine — Great resource for the premedical student who wants to look beyond allopathic medicine. The site includes general information on the osteopathic medical profession, links (and addresses) to the seventeen osteopathic medical schools, and an online request form for an application kit.
- American Medical Association (AMA) — The AMA web site provides access to membership information, The Journal of the American Medical Association, American Medical News, and much more. Premedical students should find the weekly American Medical News a useful resource or coverage of current issues in the medical field.
- American Medical Student Association (AMSA) — The AMSA web site provides organizational information but also a rich collection of links to other medically-related resources.
- American Dental Education Association — Formerly the American Association of Dental Schools. Online information regarding ADEA application services, publications, directories, employment opportunities, and a list of U.S. and Canadian Dental Schools.
- American Dental Association — While this site is geared towards the practicing dentist, pre-dental students should find the ADA Dental News Digest a useful resource for information on current issues in the dental field.
- Dental Related Internet Resources — This wonderful site provided by New York University School of Dentistry contains links to dental schools, admissions information, bulletin boards, mailing lists, and much more. A must for anyone who wants to know more about the dental field.
- Association of Chiropractic Colleges — This site includes links to many of the chiropractic colleges in the U.S. In addition, it includes information on the scope and practice of chiropractic medicine.
- American Chiropractic Association — This professional website contains association information, a description of the profession, and links to chiropractic resources on the Internet.
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy — This site includes information about application and admission to colleges and schools of pharmacy, a list of the pharmacy colleges and schools in the U.S., Canada, and elsewhere, and links to other pharmacy-related organizations.
- Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges — Pre-veterinary students should find the link to the Veterinary Medical Colleges Application Service particularly helpful. The site includes application tips, commonly asked questions, and statistical information.
- NetVet Veterinary Resources — An incredible resource for anyone interested in veterinary medicine. Contains links to veterinary medical colleges, professional organizations, the Electronic Zoo, and much more! Highly recommended.