Careers: Our Alumni
Political Science is an ideal choice for a broad liberal arts education. As a political science major, students hone the analytical, writing, speaking, and computer skills that employers look for. A degree in political science qualifies students for many different careers in private for-profit and nonprofit organizations as well as the public sector.
At Lycoming, majors in political science receive a broad education in topics related to American politics, World Politics and Legal Studies.
- International Affairs
- Public Administration
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
Source: American Political Science Association
- Thomas Coale - Goodell, DeVries, Leech & Dann, LLP; attended Georgetown University and received his Juris Doctor (JD) (interned with the Office of the Vice President of the United States)
- Chelsea Trump - Masters at Rider University as part of a Clinical and Mental Health Counseling Program (interned for the A.E.S. Corporation)
- Bradley Myhre - The Office of Congressman Leonard Lance (NJ-7) (interned with The Office of Congressman Scott Garrett)
- Ashley Leech - NGO in Africa; attended Oxford University and received her masters in African Studies (interned for the The Office of Senator Rick Santorum)
- Aimee Snyder - The Office of Congressman Tom Marino (interned for the campaign to elect Dave Huffman to the State House and the Office of State Senator Gene Yaw)
- Ashley Wislock - Journalism at the University of Memphis
- Erin Walsh - Sheehan, Greene, Golderman and Jacques - Attorneys at Law; attended Albany Law School and received her Juris Doctor (JD)