Visiting Team Report & Statement of Reaccreditation
In July 2011, the College was notified by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education that our accreditation was reaffirmed and that the College met all of the 14 Middle States Standards. The final version of the Visiting Team report, the Institution's response, and the Statement of Reaccreditation from the Middle States Commission may be accessed below.
2010-11 Self Study Report ~ Final Draft
The 2010-11 Self Study document is available for review. All of the materials listed below are also available via the Lycoming College portal under the Middle States link (found under the Offices header).
The final draft was developed by the following steps:
- Working Group Drafts - April 2010
- Review by Steering Committee - May 2010
- Error checking - June 2010
- Master editing by Dr. Gary Hafer, associate professor of English - July 2010
- Review by Steering Committee - August 2010
- Preliminary Self Study draft shared with campus community - August 30, 2010
- Self Study document approved by Faculty - September 2010
- Self Study document approved by Board of Trustees - October 2010
- Modest edits created by select working groups - October and November 2010
- Self Study amendments approved by Faculty - December 2010
- Self Study amendments approved by the Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees - January 2011
The links below provide access to the 2010-11 Self Study final draft. You will be prompted for your Lycoming College username and password to review the documents. The first link includes the complete draft (a 206 page PDF that is hyperlinked to the appendices). Individual chapter PDF documents are available below but the hyperlinks in the individual chapter documents are not active. Printed copies of the Self Study are available in a variety of places on campus including on reserve at the Snowden Library; with the faculty secretaries in the Academic Center, Heim and Fine Arts; and with executive secretaries to each senior officer. The Self Study appendices may be accessed via the portal or on reserve at Snowden Library.
2010-11 Middle States Reaccreditation Self Study Final Draft
(complete draft, 206 pages with hyperlinks to appendices)
2010-11 Self Study Draft - by chapter (NOTE: the hyperlinks in the chapter PDFs are not active)
Working Group Interim Reports
The eleven Working Groups submitted their Interim Reports in December 2009. These reports are designed to be preliminary summaries of the Working Group's analysis and discussion to date. It is expected that the final Working Group chapter drafts will differ from the interim reports. However, the Interim Reports provide a summary of the discussions to date and provide a sense of preliminary findings.
In addition, you may learn more about what themes were addressed in the 2010-11 Self Study by reviewing the Self Study Design Document which was developed in spring semester 2009.
Previous Middle States Reports and Documents