Theatre History: Imagery Resources
- Database of high-quality images of paintings, sculpture, pottery, historical clothing, historical photographs, etc.
- Can look for name of play or playwright
- Can look for “painting” or “portrait” and limit to desired time period
- Can look for theme, such as “death” or “love”
- The “i” icon will provide more information about the painting including the author and title, which you’ll need for your citation.
- You’ll need to set up a username and password and be logged in in order to download images
- Advanced features: can limit images by size, color, etc.
- Use the “go to image” button to get URL for your citation
- Reference books (see Credo and Reference Universe databases)
- Catalog: Books in our library
- Books whose call numbers begin with a lower-case “f” are in the Oversize (folio) collection and are more likely to have many pictures
- WorldCat: Books in other libraries that can be obtained through Interlibrary Loan
- Period clothing:
- Browsing areas in GT and TT in the Reference and General collections
- Films on Demand (database)
- Britannica (database)
- Credo Reference (database)
Remember to think creatively and abstractly to find imagery to portray the feeling of the play.
The multipurpose printers can easily scan and email high-quality images from books. Please ask for help if needed.