Legal Resources: Databases
LexisNexis Academic (Legal Research/Legal News)
The service covers newspapers, magazines, wire services, and certain government documents. News information is updated daily and wire services several times daily. Includes top news; legal news; company financial information; tax information; law reviews; federal case law; U.S. Code; and state legal research.
Full-text access to legislative news and analysis from the CQ Weekly Report.
National Journal Group's Policy Central
Includes unlimited access to all of the following databases and features:
- National Journal online... track the development of public policy with archives dating back to 1977.
- CongressDaily... get forward-looking, twice-daily insight on the key players, behind-the-scenes deals, and political strategies and alliances that drive the legislative process.
- The Hotline... plug into American politics and campaigns with coverage of the media's coverage of important developments from hundreds of print, online and broadcast sources.
- Technology Daily... understand IT politics and policy with twice-daily coverage of significant national and international news and events.
- Almanac of American Politics online... get analysis and data on every member of Congress and their states and districts.
- Poll Track... research public opinion with the largest database of over 5,000 public opinion surveys on political races, important issues and national figures.
- Markup Reports... follow the status of specific legislation with chronological, narrative summaries of all congressional markup sessions.
- Ad Spotlight... track political and issue campaigns with streaming video of 3,500 television advertisements.
- Earlybird... get quick-read summaries of the morning's top news stories and editorials drawn from leading media outlets. Also includes links to the source articles.
- Daybook... select from 24 issue areas, such as Defense and Trade, and receive a customized e-mail of the day's events by 6 a.m.
Academic Search Elite
This multi-disciplinary database offers full text for more than 2,050 scholarly journals, including more than 1,500 peer-reviewed titles. Covering virtually every area of academic study, Academic Search Elite offers full text information dating as far back as 1985.
Provides citations and some abstracts to sociology and related disciplines for articles, books, and conference papers
Rich resource for research in psychology and related disciplines. Contains citations and summaries of journal articles, chapters, books, technical reports, and dissertations in psychology and related disciplines.
Access to a growing collection of journals in a variety of subject areas, some with full-image articles online. Full-image articles from Electronic Collections Online journals are linked to corresponding citations in databases throughout the FirstSearch service.
Provides access to digital, full text archives of core journals in discipline areas including Arts and Sciences I, II, and III, Business, and Language and Literature. Users can search or browse in more than one discipline and multiple journals or in just a single issue.
JSTOR strives to provide an entire run of each title starting with volume one, issue one back to the early 1800s. JSTOR delays inclusion of digital articles anywhere from three to five years previous to the most recently published volumes.
An online collection of scholarly journal titles in the arts, humanities and social sciences from university and society presses. Snowden Library subscribes to the Basic Undergraduate Collection, a 112 title subset of the full Project MUSE collection.
Index to journals published by Elsevier Science, Academic Press, W.B.Saunders, Churchill Livingstone, Baillière Tindall and Mosby. Includes access to the full-content of Academic Press journals.
A comprehensive reference database designed to support religious and theological scholarship in graduate education and faculty research.
The ERIC (Educational Resources Information Center) database is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education to provide extensive access to educational-related literature.
NCJRS Abstracts Database
Search more than 160,000 criminal justice titles with summaries in the NCJRS Abstracts Database, including Federal, State, and local government reports, books, research reports, journal articles, and unpublished research. Search more than 1,500 full-text online publications on this site and on NCJRS partner agency web sites.
Covers all areas of medicine, including clinical medicine, experimental medicine, dentistry, nursing, health services administration, nutrition, and much more. Now includes the MeSH browser.
Global Legal Information Network