Alison S. Gregory
- Master of Science in Library Science, Clarion University, Clarion, Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Arts in History, Lycoming College, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
- Independent Study in History: Archival assistant for Core States Banks, Lehigh County. Created an archive for mortgage records from the Lehigh Valley during the 1930s. Included archival arrangement, description and preservation work, in addition to creating the database for the archives and doing data entry.
- Independent Study in History: Lycoming College Archives. Conducted a series of oral history interviews (the first in the college's collection) used to document the school's transition from a junior college to a four-year liberal arts college.
- Phi Kappa Phi (National Inter-Disciplinary Honor Society)
- Phi Alpha Theta (History Honor Society)
- Instructional Services Librarian and Coordinator of Information Literacy and Outreach, Snowden Library, Lycoming College, Williamsport, Pennsylvania, 2005-
- Coordinator of Reference and Assessment, Snowden Library, Lycoming College, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
- Graduate Internship, Snowden Library, Lycoming College, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Committees and Memberships in Professional Organizations:
- Pennsylvania Library Association - College & Research Division Executive Board member and Publicity Coordinator
- Lycoming College:
- Secretary of the Faculty, 2013-2014
- Teaching Effectiveness Committee
- Phi Kappa Phi, Chapter Past President
- Lycoming College Post-Grad Scholarship and Fellowship Committee
- Class of 2014 Advisor
- Scholars Discussion Leader (Spring 2007, 2010, 2012)
Research Interests, Publications, and Presentations:
- Broussard, Mary J. Snyder, Rebecca Wilson, Janet McNeil Hurlbert, and Alison S. Gregory. "Faculty and Undergraduate Perceptions of Expertise with Social Media." In Social Software and the Evolution of User Expertise: Future Trends in Knowledge Creation and Dissemination, eidted by Tatjana Takseva, 227-246. Hershey, PA: IGI GLobal, 2013.
- Gregory, Alison S. "The Changing 'Face' of Information: Social Media and Information Discovery & Dissemination." Poster presented at the Lilly Conference on College and University Teaching and Learning, Bethesda, MAryland, May 31-June 3, 2012.
- Gregory, Alison S. and Mary J. Snyder Broussard. "Unraveling the 'Mystery' of the Library: A 'Big Games' Approach to Library Orientation." Contributed paper presented at the Association of College and Research Libraries' Conference, Philadelphia, PA, March 30 – April 2, 2011.
- Gregory, Alison. "Levity in the Library: Incorporating Humor in Instruction without being Robin Williams." Presentation at the Pennsylvania Library Association's Annual Conference, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, October 26, 2010.
- Chandler, Cullen J. and Alison S. Gregory. "Sleeping with the Enemy: Wikipedia in the College Classroom." Poster presented at the Lilly Conference on College and University Teaching, Washington, D.C., June 3-5, 2010.
- Awarded prize for one of three best posters at the conference.
- Gregory, Alison. "Avoiding Certain Doom: Integrating Information Literacy through Collaboration." Pennsylvania Library Association Bulletin 65, no. 2, March/April 2010.
- Williamson, Jonathan and Alison S. Gregory. "Problem-Based Learning in Introductory American Politics Classes." Journal of Political Science Education 6, no. 3 (July-September 2010): 274-296.
- Chandler, Cullen and Alison Gregory. "Sleeping with the Enemy: Wikipedia in the College Classroom."The History Teacher 43 no. 2, February 2010.
- Gregory, Alison. "Avoiding Certain Doom: Integrating Information Literacy Through Collaboration." Presentation at the Pennsylvania Library Association Conference, Harrisburg, PA, October 18-21, 2009.
- Gregory, Alison. "The Agony and the Ecstasy: Information Literacy Collaboration Using Problem-Based Learning." Presentation at the Harrisburg Area Community College's Information Literacy Symposium, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, May 14, 2009.
- Gregory, Alison. "An Eight Course Library 'Meal'." In The Library Instruction Cookbook. Ed. by Doug Cook and Ryan Sitler. 2009.
- Gregory, Alison and Jonathan Williamson. "Problem-Based Learning in Introductory American Politics Classes." Paper presented at the Midwest Political Science Association National Conference, Chicago, IL, April 2-5, 2009.
- Gregory, Alison. "Sleeping with the Enemy: Wikipedia in the College Classroom." Poster session at the Susquehanna Library Cooperative's workshop "Web 2.0 Untangled: Sharing Innovations and Ideas," Lycoming College, October 31, 2009.
- Gregory, Alison. "History of the Barbours Methodist Dream: 1938-1978." The Chronicle: Journal of the Historical Society of the Central Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church 8 (Spring 1997): 31-41.
- Gregory, Alison. "A Brief History: The Great Transition, 1947-1949." Lycoming College Magazine 13, no. 3 (Summer 1998): 8-11.
Continuing research interests: collaborative assignment design, constructivism/active learning, "library anxiety," and the role of women in the growth of higher education.