Student Voice Mail
Students who purchase VoIP phones and Resident Advisors have access to the college's voice mail system. The voice mail box serves as an automated answering and message storage system when your line is busy as well as when you do not answer.
For Resident Advisors, the voice mail boxes are activated before check-in each fall and are reset every summer.
For students who purchased a VoIP phone, the voice mail boxes are activated at set-up and remain active until the phone is returned at graduation.
Set Up Guide & Usage
*When you first receive your phone, it is important to personalize the voice mail box by recording your name and a greeting and setting up a password. You will not be able to access messages until you do so.*
To Set Up Your Voice Mail Box:
1. Call the voice mail system:
- Press the MSGS button on your screen or dial 7000
2. Enter your default password (for setup purposes only): 113355#
3. Follow the system prompts. You will record your name, a personal greeting, and set a new person security code (password). When done, press #.
- Note: Your security code must be 5-7 digits long and cannot be numbers in consecutive order (such as 12345), the same digits as your extension, and cannot have multiples of the same number (such as 14463 or 12559).
4. When you hear "to continue," press * and hang up.
(1) “Hi, you’ve reached the room of (insert your name). I’m not able to take your call right now. Please leave a message at the tone.”
(2) “Hi, this is (state your name). I'm not able to take your call right now. Leave your name and telephone number so that I can return your call.”
Checking Your Voice Mail
The red light on the back of your handset is the voicemail indicator light. When this light is on, it indicates that you have voicemail waiting.
To Check New Messages from Your Room:
- On your phone, dial 7000 -OR- press the MSGS button on your phone.
- Enter your password and then press #.
- To check new messages, press 1.
To get into the message quicker, press 7000, password, #1#.
To Check New Messages from Off-Campus:
- Dial your room phone number (for example, (570) 321-4000).
- Wait until your voice mail greeting comes on and then interrupt it by press *.
- When asked for your ID, enter your 4-digit extension then press #.
- Enter your password and press #.
Complete dialing and voice mail instructions can be found on the Web at www.lycoming.edu/its/telecommunications. If you have additional questions, please contact the Office of Telecommunications at extension 4074 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.