Associate Director, Enrollment Marketing
Position posted on: 12-01-2017
The Marketing and Communications Department at Lycoming College seeks applications for the position of Associate Director, Enrollment Marketing. Reporting to the Senior Director for Marketing & Communications, this position is responsible for providing a high level of strategic communication support to the Department of Enrollment Management as the primary liaison from the Department of Marketing & Communications. The Associate Director will be responsible for planning, development and implementation of the College’s undergraduate recruiting and marketing strategies to achieve its goal to cultivate, recruit, evaluate and yield an academically strong, talented and diverse student body.
Essential Functions Include (but are not limited to):
- Serve as liaison to the Department of Enrollment Management and to outside marketing agencies and consultants.
- Serve as the College’s social media editor.
- Provide leadership in the development of marketing and outreach plans, policies, procedures, programs and systems to support and achieve enrollment and student success goals.
- Analyze and evaluate strategic and targeted recruitment needs.
- Assist in development of communication strategies for a variety of market segments that address prospective students, program and enrollment inquiries, application processes, and pre-enrollment phases of the admission process.
- Manage key social media streams for the College, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree with ten or more years related work experience or equivalent combination preferred.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in marketing, communication or public relations with a demonstrated track record of success, with preference given to work in higher education, particularly in admissions.
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal communications) are required.
- Demonstrated experience in social media writing across major platforms, crafting targeted email communications, and writing for print are requirements.
- Prior experience leading, working in, or collaborating with a creative team, including but not limited to writers (news, publication, and online), web designers, graphic artists, photographers and/or videographers.
- Experience working in a college admissions office, managing web and print communications, and cultivating prospective students through CRM and marketing automation solutions (HubSpot preferred) and digital marketing and enrollment strategies (PPC and SEO) are preferred.
- Proven track record of innovation and creativity in production of marketing materials.
- Superlative interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work well with people at all levels of an organization. Strong personal integrity and work ethic—as well as flexibility, perspective, and a sense of humor.
- A personal understanding of liberal arts / humanities-based education is a decided advantage.
Submit cover letter of interest and resume including the names and telephone numbers of three professional references. Electronic submission of application materials is required. Please reference “Enrollment Marketing” in the subject line of the email.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Post-offer, pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check conducted.
LYCOMING COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: As a matter of policy and/or applicable laws, Lycoming College does not discriminate in admission, employment or administration of its programs or activities on the basis of religion, ancestry, political belief, veteran status or sexual orientation.
POST-OFFER, PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN CONDUCTED