The Literature track of the English major requires a minimum of 10 courses.
- All majors will take Critical Writing Seminar; British Literature I and II
- Two courses to be chosen from: American Literature I; American Literature II; American Literature III
- Two courses to be chosen from: Medieval Literature; Renaissance Literature; Restoration and 18th-Century Literature; Romantic Literature; Victorian Literature
- One course: Chaucer or Shakespeare
- Two elective courses numbered 215 and above
The Creative Writing track of the English major requires a minimum of 10 courses. In addition to six courses in literature, creative writing students take:
- Introduction to Creative Writing
- Two advanced workshops, to be chosen from Poetry I, Poetry II, Fiction I, and Fiction II
- Either Form and Theory: Fiction or Form and Theory: Poetry
For more information, please refer to the College Catalog.