Starting in the Fall 2012 semester, the Community Service Center will be using NobleHour.com to track hours and communicate news and community service opportunities. If you have not yet registered, please scroll down to see instructions.
Log in to the Lycoming CSC NobleHour community page to track service hours, learn about new service opportunities, and share news related to Community Service at Lycoming College.
Lycoming College Community Service Center
Instructions for Using NobleHour.com to Report Community Service Hours
Directions for Registering for Noble Hour:
1. Go to http://www.noblehour.com/ and click “Get Started”.
2. Fill out the required information, using “17701” as your zip code and your lycoming.edu address as your email, and click on “Join Now”.
3. An activation will be sent to you (this might take a few minutes). Once it arrives, open it, and click on the activation link.
4. Go back to the web site and sign in using the email address and password you just used to register.
5. Click on “Communities”, then search for the keyword “Lycoming”. Under “Lycoming College Community Service Center”, click “Join”.
Congratulations! You are now entered into the Noble Hour system as a member of the Lycoming College Community! Feel free to play around on the site to see what is available. From here, you can track the hours of ANY volunteer service you provide.
To track your hours for a particular opportunity:
1. Follow steps 1-5 above if you have not already done so, OR go to NobleHour.com and sign in.
2. If the page you are on has “Lycoming College Community Service Center” as its title, go to step #3. Otherwise , click on the “My Network” button and choose “Lycoming College Community Service Center”.
3. Click on “Hour Tracking”.
4. Pick a group that you want your hours credited to (sorority/fraternity, student organization, etc.). If you don’t have a particular group, please choose the “General Volunteer Service” group and click “Select Group”.
5. There are three ways you can choose an opportunity
- Search for “Lycoming College” in the “Organization Name” box, click on “Lycoming College Community Service Center” when it shows up. After that, a list of opoprtunities should pop up. Scroll through the opportunities, or try using the search box to find it.
- Enter an opportunity code if you received one.
- Create your own by selecting the third option.
6. Once you have been chosen or created your opportunity, review the information and then click “Submit”.
7. Adjust the time and date to accurately reflect your hours, make sure all the other information on the page is correct, and click the “Add” button.
8. At the right of the page, click “Submit” under the appropriate opportunity (you should only have one at first, but more will appear the more you use Noble Hour).
9. Verify the information, then “Sign” your name by typing it in and click submit!
Congratulations again! You have now used Noble Hour to record your hours. You can now use NobleHour.com to learn about all sorts of opportunities for volunteering in our community. Please check out the Community Service Center web site - http://www.lycoming.edu/communityservicecenter -or the help sections on NobleHour.com to learn how to record your hours for ANY volunteer service you do while a student at Lycoming College (and, by the way, volunteering back at home during weekends and breaks counts too!!).
***To receive Community Service updates on Facebook, “like” us at www.facebook.com/LycoCSC!!***