The Lycoming College community looks forward to celebrating the accomplishments of the Class of 2015 on May 8 and 9. We hope your visit to the campus on Commencement Weekend will be memorable. Please make your hotel reservations early, as available rooms in the area are limited. Williamsport Accommodations - Lycoming College
Commencement will be held outside on the Quad unless it rains. A decision will be made by 9:00 a.m. on Saturday about the need to move indoors. You may call the College at 570-321-4000 after 9:00 a.m. to find out the location. It will also be posted on the College's website. The ceremony begins at 2:00 p.m. There is open seating for all guests on the Quad. Please be aware that the ceremony takes place in an unshaded area of the Quad. Following the ceremony, graduates may choose to visit with their professors under tents on the Quad. Tent set up.
Tickets will not be necessary. There is open seating on the Quad for an outdoors ceremony, and open seating in the Recreation Center should the ceremony be moved indoors due to inclement weather.
Information and materials for ordering commencement announcements should arrive at the student's home address at the end of February. Announcements may also be ordered online at www.jostens.com or directly from a Jostens representative who will be available in Burchfield Lounge from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on February 11-12 and March 25-26. Once your order is placed with Jostens, you can expect to receive your announcements in approximately two weeks.
GradImages will be photographing all graduates during the commencement ceremony. A photograph will be taken as they receive their diploma from President Trachte, and another will be taken as they descend the platform, holding their diploma. Visit the website, www.gradimages.com, and click on Pre-Event Email Registration. After graduation, order online at www.gradimages.com or call 800-261-2576.
All of the College parking lots will be open to guests. You may park in any available space. Campus security will be available to assist with directions and traffic control. The Clarke Chapel parking lot is reserved for special-needs persons with handicap stickers.
Special access and seating for Commencement are available for persons who are physically challenged. For special needs assistance, please call Tracy Miles at (570) 321-4347 or email email@example.com.
While you are on campus, we ask that you adhere to the College's alcohol policy, which permits those students and guests who are at least 21 years of age to possess or consume alcohol only in their assigned residence hall rooms. Your adherence to the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and to this College policy will help ensure seniors, families, and guests a most enjoyable weekend.
Information for Graduates
- Final grades: For the spring 2015 semester will be available on WebAdvisor. The Registrar will contact those students who are not successful in satisfying the necessary requirements for graduation.
- Your cap, gown, and hood: Will be issued to you at Senior Check-In on Friday in Long Hall once you have cleared all bills at the Business Office including your end of year residence hall/apartment charges. In accordance with College policy, only those students who are in cap and gown may participate in the Commencement ceremony and receive a diploma at that time. If you arrive after noon, you may pick up your cap and gown in the Registrar's Office in Long Hall until 4:00 p.m. on Friday; from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. on Saturday.
- Graduate Housing Commencement Weekend: Residence hall room housing is available at no charge for graduates who wish to stay on campus during Commencement Weekend. Graduates who wish to stay on campus must complete an online Housing Request (available in early April) at www.lycoming.edu/residentiallife. Requests will be honored in the order received and all requests received by April 25 will be assured housing. Please bring your linens with you.
- Room Keys for Weekend Housing: Keys will be distributed at Senior Check-In on Friday, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon in Long Hall. Late arrivals may pick up their keys in the office of Safety & Security. Keys should be returned to the Rich Hall lounge on Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., or 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.; on Sunday from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
- Graduating Senior Survey/Change of Address: All graduating seniors will be asked to participate in the online Graduating Senior Survey after the spring break. Students will have the opportunity to submit their change of address information as part of the survey.
- Campus Store: The last day to charge purchases to your student account will be on Friday, May 1, 2015. The exception will be for May/Summer term students. However, you may use your MasterCard, Visa, Discover, Debit card, personal check and cash to purchase items.
- Bills from the Business Office will be available online after 5:00 p.m. on May 4, 2015. This bill will include charges from April 1 to May 4, 2015. Any outstanding bills, including text book rental fees, April telephone bills and Res Life charges must be paid at Senior Check-In on Friday, May 8 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Please do not mail checks. Bring your payment to the Business Office when you arrive on Friday or for your convenience, pay with e-check, MasterCard, Discover or American Express through WebAdvisor; or authorized payers may go to www.lycoming.edu/businessoffice. The Business Office will not be able to cash personal checks after May 1, 2015.