Lycoming College Quiz 1 Write name on back,
Chem 110, 2002 15 points upper right corner
1. The SI prefix meaning 10 6 is named ________________________________, and
symbolized as __________________________________.
2. Change 4206 μg (micrograms) to g (grams).
3. The number of significant figures in 0.01004 g is __________________________.
4. Express the number 16,507,000 in either scientific or engineering notation, rounded to two significant figures.
5a. A liquid has a density of 1.22 g.ml-1 (1.22 g/ml). What volume would be needed to obtain 2.5g?
5b. This liquid will not mix with water. Will it float above or sink below water? _________
6. When the Pharmacopoeia of London was compiled in 1618, the Troy system of measure
was used to prepare medicine. Among the units used were:
3 scruples = 1 drachm
8 drachms = 1 ounce
12 ounces = 1 pound
How many Tory pounds did this equal?